Oxenbourne is one of a dozen tithings in the Hundred of East Meon. It lies to the east of East Meon village and its history is typical of small agricultural settlements throughout England. It graduated from open field cultivation in the Middle Ages to Enclosed fields in the nineteenth century, from tenant and serf labour under church ownership to wealthy lay landlords and eventually to owner/farmers, from manual tillage to mechanisation, from single-cell dwellings to farm ‘households’ to country houses. In 1479, Bishop Waynflete of Winchester gave land in Oxenbourne to Magdalen College, Oxford, which he had founded, to help finance the institution.
Please click on the link to read the report